Saturday, December 1, 2012

Introducing Miss Lily!!!!

So my sister had her baby on Nov. 28th! It was the greatest thing being there with her when she was in labor. Dee did have some complications, she was in labor for over 24 hrs and she only dilated to 5 1/2, and that is with pitocin(sp) running for 4 hours. The baby's heart also was dropping to around the 86 so they decided that a c-section would be the best route to take. Dee's boyfriend is not someone who can handle blood so he ask if I could go in with Dee. So I got to go in with her and be the first person to see and met Lily. Being in the room when she was having a c- section is something I never thought I would do, and without a doubt I would do it again. It turns out that Dee's hips are to narrow and Lily wouldnt have been able to be born naturally.
Both mom and baby are doing great, my sister is acting like nothing happened to her and has been handling the pain great. All of baby's test have come back great and they made sure to check her heart which also has come back good. That right there takes alot off my shoulders. Knowing that my sister wouldnt have to go through what I went through.
The other thing that keeps playing in my mind is that fact that me and my sister both have a beautiful baby girl. It's so unreal thinking about her and me having children.

No comments:

Post a Comment